Trade & Merchant Finance Brokerage Ltd Privacy Notice
The aim and purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)is to help organisations to be transparent and provide accessible information to individuals about how an organisation will use their ‘personal’ data. The most common way to provide this information is by a ‘Privacy Notice’.
This Privacy Notice set out details in relation to how we process your business & ‘personal’ information.
1. What information we collect from you,
2. Why do we collect this information,
3. What we do with it,
4. Who we share it with,
5. How long do we keep/hold your information,
6. How can you access the information we hold about you,
7. Your rights.
Trade & Merchant Finance Brokerage Limited (‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’) are committed to taking care of your business & ‘personal’ data that we receive as part of our operation as Trade & Merchant finance brokerage ‘service’.
We act as Data controller and are registered with the (ICO) Information Commissioners Office (Registration Number: ZA190016). You canfollow the link below to find our organisation’s registration with the ICOunder the Data Protection Act.
1. What information do we collect from you?
We only collect personal data that is relevant to your business finance requirements. This business & ‘personal’ data may be provided by you or your employees/agents who have your consent/permission to act or share information on your behalf, this will include:
1. Information provided by completing the “funding request” form on our website or via live chat messenger/message service or on our website or information sent to us via emails
2. or information given to us during a telephone conversation;
3. Information/data pertaining to your business financial performance;
4. This may include your personal & business contact details (telephone & mobile numbers), including your e-mail address, business/home address.
5. This may include copies of identification documentation (including photo-graphic ID’s) for anti-money laundering and anti-fraud purposes;
6. This may include records of telephone calls and other communications,
7. This may also include information & checks obtained in order to ascertain the creditworthiness of your business;
8. You unreservedly consent to us in collecting, processing & holding such ‘personal’ & business information.
2. Why do we collect this information?
We may use the business & ‘personal’ information in the following ways:
1. To evaluate your business finance requirements.
2. To prepare a list of supplier of business finance & other business services you may need.
3. To check the creditworthiness of your business.
4. To comply with law & regulation, i.e. fraud, anti- money laundering and proceeds of crime;
5. To be able to contact you/update you about your business finance requirements.
6. To improve our services.
7. To help us carryout our duties or exercise our rights under any agreements between you and us or other users of the service you deal with,
8. To allow us to interact with you, and supplier of business finance & other business service providers.
9. To ensure that our service is presented in the most effective manner for you.
10. To allow to provide you with, information, products or services that you request;
11. To provide you with, information, products or services or which we decide may interest you, including from third-parties, to enable them to contact you and us about your business finance requirements where you have agreed for them to contact you for such purposes,
12. To allow statistical analysis to develop and improve our service.
3. Who we might share your information with?
All business & ‘personal’ information that you provide us, we will only use that information to provide you service (s) you have requested us. We will share that information with Lenders, financiers and other business service provider that we work with.
We may also share your information with authorities where we are obliged by law & regulations.
WE WILL NEVER SELL OR RENT YOUR BUSINESS OR ‘PERSONAL’ INFORMATION TO ANY THIRD PARTY.
4. What do we do with your information?
All information you provide is treated in an utmost private & confidential manner. Majority of the information that you provide us will be in electronic format and will be stored on secure servers at a destination within European Economic Area (EEA)
However, data that we with your consent pass to lenders/financiers who may transfer & store your data at a destination outside European Economic Area (EEA) and it may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who may work for our webhosting & IT service providers, or for us or for lenders/financiers that we work with.
By submitting your business financial & ‘personal’ data, you agree to us transferring, storing and processing. We will take all necessary measures to ensure that your data is processed in confidential & secure manner and in accordance with Data Protection Act. On receipt of your business & ‘personal’ data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
However, it is important to note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Though, we will do our best to protect your business & ‘personal’ data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website or our emails, hence any transmission is at your own risk.
4a. We may use ‘Google Analytics’
We may use Google Analytics to monitor the performance of our website & its functionality. Plus to monitor how our website is being used so we can make enhancements to our website.
The use of Google Analytics means that we pass to Google your IP address only.
5. How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will only retain your data as long as we require your information in order to provide you our services requested by you, bearing in mind we may retain some of your data to comply with various law and regulations like Companies Act, HMRC & Anti-Money laundering regulations etc., that require us to maintain certain types of records for up to 6 years.
6. How can you access the information we hold about you?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to access information we hold about you. You can make an access request in writing at the address below. However, kindly note that an access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to cover our costs.
7. Links to our social media pages (external websites) or links to external sites.
Kindly, note our Privacy Notice only covers our site (www.tmfbrokerage.co.uk). If you follow any link from our site to any of the social media (external websites) sites or to other external websites, please note these websites are governed by their own privacy & usage policies and we do not accept any liability or responsibility for these websites and their policies. Therefore, you must read these websites privacy & usage policies before submitting any personal details (data) to these websites.
7a. Third party software – Live Chat (messenger)
Kindly, note that the ‘Live’ chat (messenger) on our website is third party software; therefore any business & ‘personal’ information that you may provide via the live chat (messenger) will be stored at a destination outside European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who may work for the third party software provider.
8. What are your rights?
You have the right to ask us not to process your ‘personal’ data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you, before collecting your data, if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right at any time to prevent such processing by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX.